View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:27 PM   #40
nkaminar

Default Re: I'm not a Model A person

I think Garcia has several issues with his Model A, which can be really frustrating. In an earlier post he indicated that his fuel filter was clogging rapidly. Now it seems there is an issue with the coil. It is no wonder he is ready to throw in the towel.

I have a friend who formed a partnership with a friend to start a garage that only worked on Model A's. He has done this for maybe 10 years and has helped many Model A owners with their cars. Many owners are not mechanically inclined so they were not able to sort out their cars, but my friend is very knowledgeable and was able to put the cars on the road for the owners to enjoy. I guess what I am saying is that if Garcia can locate someone who specializes in Model A's he may want to go that route. Once the car is sorted out it can be a fun car to own and very reliable.

The spark has to traverse the gap in the spark plug when the air and fuel are compressed which is harder to do than outside the cylinder. So a good fat spark at the end of the coil wire when held over the head may not be enough for a spark plug in an engine.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote