View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #9
1929 essex

Default Re: Removing stuck parts

When I got my Model A it had been sitting for 45 yrs. I googled unsticking a Model A engine, what I found was to put used Diesel oil in the spark plug holes until full, used diesel oil is more acidic (spelling) make sure you plug or put a baggy over the carb intake, disconnect the muffler and plug or a baggy the manifold. I didn't do that and when I started the car it sprayed oil like a geyser, check the level in the holes and keep it full. After about Three weeks I went out and tried to turn it over with the crank, nothing ,tried a couple days later and it turned about a inch, the next day it turned over all the way I kept cranking and it turned smooth. Drain the old oil out for a couple days and put in clean oil. While I was waiting I cleaned my dist. carb, timed it checked the wiring I put it all together hit the starter and it fired up after about three cranks it ran good with a smile from ear to ear. It still starts and runs good, I never pulled the head. After it started and sprayed oil out the back it blew the pipe off at the manifold clamp, I drilled a hole in the muffler and drained out three qts of oil, it was rusted anyway so I bought a new exhaust.
1929 essex is offline   Reply With Quote