View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
huddy

Default Re: Henry Ford's Amazing Plant - “The Rouge” – Men, Methods and Machines

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thank you for posting that. It was amazing, inspiring, and a little scarey.

Ore and silicon and coal and people in one end, cars out the other. We'll never see its like again. Imagine, being able to build a complex machine without depending on China, India, Malaysia, or Japan.. this is what allowed the US to become the Arsenal of Democracy during WWII. Scares me how much we depend on other countries, not all of them friendly to us, for our raw materials and finished products. What would (will) we do the next time the free world is threatened?

I've seen a lot of complex machines in my time, but I cannot even fathom the intelligence and imagination it took to envision that plant and make it into reality.

Another reaction: just about every scene I said to myself, "I wouldn't want to work there!" except maybe the power plant or QC. It all looks like hard, hot, dirty, dangerous work. Makes me appreciate my Coupe and what went into it even more.

--Ed

Last edited by huddy; 11-03-2013 at 05:02 PM.
huddy is offline   Reply With Quote