View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #35
40ford

Default Re: Dim Headlights on 40:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
Your post says that you have approximately 0.8V drop in voltage across your light switch. If you did the measurements correctly, your light switch is bad. The max drop across the light switch is 0.1V.

If it is a new switch, send it back to the vendor and request a replacement. If it is an original switch, you can try operating it many times and then recheck it. This operation will clean the contacts if they are the cause of the problem. The original switches can be disassembled and repaired.

I suggest that you do a voltage drop test as I described in my previous post. It is a much more accurate test than trying to read the voltage like you are doing. It will also help isolate the problem to the connection or component that is making your lights dim.

I have no idea why your jumper wire clips got hot, unless you were using 18ga jumper wire. You need a 12ga jumper wire to test the headlight circuit.
Is there a way to tell if switch is original?How do you clean the switch?The switch kinda looks like it has been taken apart before because of markings on tabs!
40ford is offline   Reply With Quote