View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 01:02 AM   #15
5window

Default Re: Recent experience with Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Listen, please understand I am happy that you are happy, but I do find it amusing that you ordered shoes from someone further away than the closest vendor (-who manufactures them), ...and that you received them 4 days after they were shipped. I guess this is where the scenario is different but how cool would it have been to talk with an order person that has experience, then have them shipped on Monday where they would have arrived in a typical two days, then use Thur & Fri evenings to install so that we could have been driving on Saturday?? ��

Naturally I am just playing a little, but here is what I think a lot of people miss. Often times we get reviews from someone who really has no knowledge or expertise in a subject, yet they offer up their advice. I struggle with that. For example, imagine if a professional restorer who has performed a task multiple times and gives a poor review on an item however three novices come along and state they had no problems with that item however they have no real experience with alternate parts sources, nor do they have the installation experiences to know the ins & outs. Now when you read those stats, it sounds like 75% of the reviewers feel the item is OK with only 25% stating differently. My point is that most of us that have been around the block have a good understanding of knowing the inferior quality that Mac's manufactures & sells. I trust this makes sense.
So, you're saying that only professional restorers with lots of experience should be allowed to comment? Should we then have levels of allowable comments-200 restorations, X number of high point restorations, z millions of dollars earned? Suppose that a vendor knows their pro customers and gives them preferential treatment but screws the amateur rebuilder/restorer. As a non pro, that experience would be good to know.

Now, if 75% of the reviewers are "novices come along and state they had no problems with that item however they have no real experience with alternate parts sources, nor do they have the installation experiences to know the ins & outs" , that is very useful information to me as a novice. What I see is three guys with my skill level who used a part without a problem and one pro who has an ax to grind against a vendor.

Many ways to look at the same situation, I believe. From previous postings, you don't like Mac's. I have had only positive experiences with them-good prices, good delivery, good communication and a good catalog. I am satisfied with the parts and materials I have received. But, I am admittedly a novice, and I am not building high point cars for other people. Pros likely have much different needs, but most of the customers for Model A parts are probably guys like me. We need to know what will work for us.