View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #39
mike42

Default Re: Fuel problem on my '40

Morning Guys......

So....I opened the rebuild carb kit that I got yesterday and proceeded to rebuild the old original 1940 carb I still. Replaced as much as I comfortable with. I did leave the leather plunger alone and i did not replace. I just put a small amount of oil on it ! It was dry as hell. Used all the new gaskets and a few other pieces as well as new .50 jets & needle valve that came with the kit. Used the new power valve I just bought also. Got everything back together and checked all fuel connections. All "A" Okay.....fired it up and the damn thing purred like a kitten. Let it run for about 5 minutes and turned it off. No leakage at the base and fired right up again after 20 minutes. There is only a slight hesitation when I hit the accelerator, but I'm thinking that may be the old plunger ! We'll see. An 81 year old carb too ! Geez....

The new carb will be here on Tuesday and will put that on and just save the old "40 unit since I rebuilt it and it works.

Going back out and try it again before I head out for a drive.

I just want to thank you guys again for all the comments and suggestions. Much appreciated !!

Thx.....Mike

PS - There just might be a Jack Daniels in my future after all this !! Just sayin'.....
mike42 is offline   Reply With Quote