View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
JohnLaVoy

Default High School Model A restoration

In the Restorer you will find an article about the donation of a 1928 Tudor to Lincoln High School in Lincoln CA. This car was rolled over in the 1980s by a couple on tour. They didn't repair it just bought another tudor and did the hobby stuff with that one. When the husband passed away a few years ago Alfi buys both cars with the plans on fixing the roll over and selling it. Well he lost interest and approached me about donating it some place. I came up with the plan on getting it to an auto shop class to create interest in the hobby. Well apparently it is working. The car was delivered in December of last year. The teachers figured it would be a couple of year project. The kids are so excited they are working after school from three to six pm on the car. The teacher says there are about 40 kids doing this and the chassis will be finished by the end of this school year and he figures the car will be all done in a year rather than two. I did a You Tube video on the donation, Alex Janke from MAFCA is there welcoming the kids to the hobby etc. Hope we get some youth involved in our hobby this way. (youtube.com/modelatimes lincoln high donation)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kids getting donation.jpg (60.2 KB, 290 views)
JohnLaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote