View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 10:03 PM   #10
holdover

Default Re: Teaching my 15YO to drive my A

I live on a farm where we use to raise Clydesdale horses, the horses are gone (getting to old to do the chores) but the Model As are still here. I always start the kids driving when they are 8 years old. When we had the clydes I needed someone to drive the tractor while I pitched the hay bales on the wagon, that's where my son first learned to drive. The two grand kids, now 11 and 15 started early also. My 15 yr old adopted my '29 Coupe at 8 and the first thing I did was teach him to drive it around the farm. The 11 year old fell for my '29 CCPU when he was 7 so he was a bit ahead of his brother. I started him on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has been his to drive, since he was 7, when he got that down safely I had his 12 year old brother teach him how to drive the '29 CCPU when he was 8. We run autocross and track days with the SCCA (Miata, Mustangs and 1st Gen RX7) and usually take one of our race prepped vehicles in our enclosed trailer. The grand kids drive them both in and out and have been for years. We have all had a great time doing this and have never scratched a fender...
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote