View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #18
Synchro909

Default Re: Coast to Coast in a Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
x2 With a well planned trip it should be very enjoyable, but there are still a lot of unknowns to worry about along the way.
To worry or not to worry? That depends on the attitude of the driver, IMO. On one of those outback trips, one guy (in a Model A) took no spares and although he ran into trouble, he was able to get home. It all depends on one's confidence in their own abilities and those of the people you are travelling with.
His problem was loosing spark through a crack in the rotor button. Once the problem was identified, the fix wasn't that difficult.
I have a roadside service cover that will bring my car home from anywhere in the country at no charge. That eases a lot of worry for those not so inclined for trouble shooting and repair.

BTW, On one of these trips, I started posting daily about the trip but after a couple of weeks, it was taken down so I am reluctant to bother doing it again. We depart in mid June for a short (8 weeks and about 6-7,000 miles) trip to warmer climes. Why was it taken down? I have no idea.