View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #433
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Animals I know not alot about.

Information gleaned mostly from the internet.

Tasmanian Devil.

Confined to Tasmania. A marsupial about the same size as a dog. Mainly nocturnal has diet of almost anything. Known for its shocking table manners.They fight for food not unlike a pack of wild dogs being thrown a bone. The only ones I have seen are road kill.

Quokka.
A marsupial and relative to the kangaroo. Grows to about 18 inches tall. Marsupial,carnivore and nocturnal. Found only at Rottnest Island, about 15 miles off the coast of Perth WA. The island was named by Dutch explorer who mistook the Quokka for rats thus the name in Dutch- rat nest. I have never been to Rottnest thus never seen one.
This is a direct copy from the internet.
Rottnest Island was discovered in 1696 by Willem de Vlamingh,a Dutch explorer, who named the island Rats' Nest due to the many large rats that he found on the island.

Quoll.
About the same size as a cat, found throughout Australia. Carnivore, Marsupial, and nocturnal. I have neverseen one.
There are many more native creatures. In the animal world I will write of the kangaroo and crocodile. I’ll then do some birds and some reptiles. Hope you won’t become bored shirtless.

the pictures, L to R. Tasmanian Devil, Quokka and Quoll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tasmanian devil.JPG (25.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg quokka.JPG (45.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg quoll.JPG (18.3 KB, 7 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote