Thread: My Introduction
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
53Customline

Default My Introduction

I have been monitoring the site on & off for many years, this my first post.
I am the. proud owner of a 1953 Customline Fordor. The car is a one owner originally purchased by my Great Grandmother & the first car I drove when I was 16. Shortly after that I wrecked it & my father made me park in the garage & took my Drivers License. He gave me my license 30 days later. 33 years later he called & offered the car back to me.
The car have been in various states of restoration for the last 12 years. The last 18 months I have been fairly active on it's revival.
The following are completed/rebuilt.
Engine 239 V8 rebuilt
Carb, Fuel Pump, generator, starter all rebuilt
Rear end rebuilt
Radiator recored, New Gas Tank, frame stripped to bare metal & repainted (frame on).
I managed to find NOS all 7 damaged parts from my collision years ago, including a NOS hood.
End of the day I have a lot of parts ready install.
Currently working on the firewall & just about stripped to bare metal.
Hope this gives a fair & not too lengthy history.

Now a couple questions

The foot pedal for the windshield washer pump is likely shot, however even if it does not function my desire is to remove & reinstall. I cannot get it removed. Does anyone know the threads on the interior shaft? I want to get two nuts to tighten & create a stop to remove the nut holding it on.

Also looking for a dual exhaust manifold & block off plate. This so far is my only planned modification & was a factory option.

Thanks

Randy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3277 (002).jpg (106.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3037 (002).jpg (37.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3278 (002).jpg (40.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3279 (002).jpg (94.3 KB, 75 views)
53Customline is offline   Reply With Quote