View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 12:58 PM   #11
blucar

Default Re: '32 Roadster Rumble Seat Frame Mounting???

For many years I thought that a rumble seat would be a nice addition to my 36 coupe. Not so much when I lived in Idaho, but when I moved to southern California with the car .the idea grew on me.
In about 1963 I had a chance to get a complete rumble seat assembly for a 36 for the price of removing it from a stripped out car. I could never quite bring myself to modify the trunk opening to accommodate the rumble lid. Every time I got the tools out to cut the drip rails off, I would pause, then decide to wait. after over twenty-five years of waiting I sold the complete rumble assembly to a man that had been bugging me about it.
My 39 convertible is a rumble seat car, the last year for one. I left everything for the rumble seat in the car when I restored it, except for the cushions. The area is all carpeted with leather on the side panels and bottom side of the deck lid. Without the lower spring cushion it is very simple to put a temporary cushion on the bottom of the area for seating.
I think in this day and age I would put set belts in the rumble area if I was going to have someone sitting in there, especially a kid.

Last edited by blucar; 10-18-2021 at 01:09 PM.
blucar is offline   Reply With Quote