Thread: The Hamb
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #36
ctlikon0712

Default Re: The Hamb

Quote:
I think this is the exact mentality of why many knowledgable ones have left, --and why many feel there is a need for a 'restoration' forum. Many of the very 'upgrades' mentioned above really aren't necessary when the original parts are within factory specification. The biggest issue in my opinion is that many do not know what is correct, nor how to repair/restore an item to correct tolerances. None of this should be construed as a 'Purist' forum because that is NOT what a Restorer forum is. Also, I really do not care how many participants will participate as I would rather have quality content over quantity participation any day of the week. Also, it is worth noting that one of the biggest reasons why this forum is as great as it is is because of those 'purists'!
Well said Brent!
Also, I think the term purist is a term that is sometimes used as an attempt to cast a shadow on restorers and what they do. And that is fine. I sometimes think of hotrodders and modifiers a Hacks... or Butchers.... I've seen some nicely done but most are severely lacking.