Thread: The Hamb
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 12:15 AM   #22
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: The Hamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
Improvements to Model A's to make them safer and more reliable for touring should remain on this forum. In my opinion, topics that should remain on this forum should include:
> Improvements to brakes including hydraulics;
> Improvements to steering including the substitution of more modern gearboxes;
> Improvements to exterior lighting including turn signals & emergency flashers;
> Substitution of Ford V8 wheels for wider tires;
> Addition of heaters;
> Improvements in engine performance including hi-compression heads, ignition upgrades, downdraft carburetors, better water pumps, better camshafts, insert bearings, static & dynamic balancing mods, pressurized oil system, cooling system improvements, etc.
> Coverage of the Improved Four Cylinder Engine, AKA the Model B which is an orphan in our hobby;
> Suspension improvements such as modern shocks & Panhard bars;
> Transmission upgrades, overdrive installations, lightened flywheels and V8 clutches.
> Body sound deadening and insulation;
> Paint systems and body work tips;
> Non-original tools that enhance restoration and maintenance.

If this forum goes purist, it will loose a lot of members. The HAMB is not comparable to the value and quality of this forum for 4-cylinder Model A Fords!

I think this is the exact mentality of why many knowledgable ones have left, --and why many feel there is a need for a 'restoration' forum. Many of the very 'upgrades' mentioned above really aren't necessary when the original parts are within factory specification. The biggest issue in my opinion is that many do not know what is correct, nor how to repair/restore an item to correct tolerances. None of this should be construed as a 'Purist' forum because that is NOT what a Restorer forum is. Also, I really do not care how many participants will participate as I would rather have quality content over quantity participation any day of the week. Also, it is worth noting that one of the biggest reasons why this forum is as great as it is is because of those 'purists'!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)