View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #18
Moodswing83

Default Re: New Plan, Old Plan, plan plan plan

You are ever so right about the paint chips, everything looks black to me. I guess that's why I should go black, which is one of my options. I will try the dark paper method and the mirror method. The other challenge at the meets is there seems to be a lot of variation in the same colors. Are the paint codes defined anywhere. My buddy is doing his 31 delivery in vermillion red, which is appearing to be darker than most of the other cars that I have seen.

Mr BudP; where can I find that letter? I am really struggling over this one. Does it still apply to 1930 and earlier makes and not just 1931? Thanks for the info!

I have considered doing the leave it alone restoration. The was the plan as a traditional banger hi-boy. The body and such has not been touched yet, is it to late if the chassis is done pretty? The front and rear axles are done and I have been working the chassis and I am close to paint. I think it loses that appeal, but interested in others opinions. I suppose that I could beat down the paint and make it fake old. I really wish that I would have considered that one more as the restoration and not just the hot rod. That would probably be the wife's input, i don't want to run around in a junk pile.

One last comment for this string. I have always had a place in my heart for what I call the stockers, in any condition. And I thought that I knew a bunch about the model a, but this restoration has been really exciting so far as I am still learning about the car that I love (forgive me 1932). About the nitty gritty of it.

Keep on, putt putt bang, putt putt bang.
Moodswing83 is offline   Reply With Quote