View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 09:07 AM   #7
shew01

Default Re: 1929 Ford Model A Roadster Pickup for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
My best wasted trip was for an A 170 miles away in Granville N.Y.We talked a number of times,had a good feeling about the buyer,enough so that I said I would bring cash and a truck so I wouldn't have to make two trips.Extremely honest description,over describing the bad points.He had no problem with me coming at night,and I met him at 9:PM.I paid him and he said I could take the car after 9:AM after his bank opened.He wanted to check out my cash.That was a new twist,that was never brought up earlier.I just said,not going to happen.That Mack was going to be hauling a piece of machinery at 7:AM.At that point I said,I have to get this truck back,and I need either the money or the car. He said,well you're not taking the car until I get to the bank.OK,I took the money and handed him his bill of sale.If this had been part of the deal before I came out we could have made different arrangements.But,he admitted it was an afterthought by his wife.350 miles in that old Mack,at 6 MPG,just for a ride.I know it was in 2007 because that was when diesel first hit $3.per gallon.

Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote