View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 06:25 PM   #20
Ken T

Default Re: Removing Rust from the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
There seems to be a considerable difference of opinion here. I, for one, would like some additional information. First, how many miles on the odometer; second, if here is an hour meter (probably on the pump panel), how many hours does it show.

The truck presents like a typical low mile fire engine. I've had very good luck doing the minimum to get them running.
The odometer says 3919 miles. I've included an image of the only gauges in regards to the pump. I didn't see any rust in the heads when I removed the upper hose. I didn't really look inside them as there wasn't anything to cause concern. The upper inlet on the radiator has a very light coating of dust. I've removed the radiator to have it rodded. There wasn't any oil in the radiator fluid that poured out (about a quart).

Apparently, thanks to those here, I learned it has been rebuilt. Most likely when the military had it before being purchased by the fire department in '71 or '72.

"Ronnieroadster" There hasn't been any mice nesting in the engine compartment. It was kept in a parking spot under an awning in front of the fire station. It's primary purpose for the past 40 years (minus the last 10+ sitting) has been a parade vehicle or a backdrop for commercials, advertisements or promotions.

IMG_9156 (1).jpg IMG_9155 (1).jpg
Ken T is offline   Reply With Quote