View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #35
rotorwrench

Default Re: Model A street rod

You haven't really seen any hate yet. The model A guys can show you that sometimes but it depends on whether they take offence for some reason. Most of the model A guys still have 4 bangers since this a restoration type forum. I'm an AV8 guy myself but I don't mention that stuff on the A board. I enjoy the idea you have there but is a lot of work for a mod that complicated. Most traditional guys like myself still use the rope seals and manual overdrive type transmissions with some going over to the simpler C4 automatic transmissions since adapters are available and most of the mod parts are already solved for them. Your thread is not garbage.

You ought to see some of the pan rail girdles that folks have come up with in order to strengthen the block for high horse power big bore stroker V8 motors. The ones that take up the whole pan rail and include the main caps can get way out there so I can see the merits of any modification. Most of the stress is on the center main so as long as that area isn't affected then it will at least hold the strength that is has. A person does have to be careful when drilling on the main webs for the higher horse power engines. Moderate power levels should be no problem.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote