View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
big job

Default Re: 40 Heater fan motor disassembly tips??

You may have tap the housing carefully while trying to remove screw /bolt, because the
threads are hanging up where they go through the field core. Don't worry It will come out.
I have taken many apart for frayed wires and half ended up in the trash can do to worn
end bearings and such. Your motor runs good then I would slide shrink wrap tubing on
the wires because that's the critical point where they go through the metal housing, inside
the housing these wires don't touch any thing even if they are bare. Far as the bearings
they are 'oil lite' bronze I think and can't be found anywhere around here or machine
new ones same with brushes. Electric motor shops have dropped like flys in this throw
a way society.. My motor when cold sounds like a whining pig it needs bearings and I
dread draining coolant and all of that and I will buy a new 6vt motor. So to separate
the two housings tap tap and tap they are a tight fit they will come apart. Take the
fan housing end off first I try to slide the other side off leaving the armature in the
brushes so brushes springs don't go flying about all I can say sam

Last edited by big job; 12-18-2019 at 07:50 AM.
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)