View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #5
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: 1929 Tudor body on 1931 frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldvic View Post
Is this a hard swap barring any repair I find I need to make? My frame is sagging on the passenger side behind the rear motor mount causing a hood alignment problem on the pass side. My driver side door hangs 1/2 low on the belt line alignment. No rust outs on the car body or frame. I have an opportunity to buy a '31 frame that has the emergency brake and service brake cross shafts in place and the running board brackets are there. FWIW my e-brake is to the front of the gearshift and my cars a driver. I've read Mr. Pluckers frame study and got some education like the moving of a frame to body mount, front crossmember height at the frame rails and changes to holes ect. I'll take any advise/hints the community can share. Apologies if a similar thread exists I tried the search feature. Thanx
You have read Steve's study so you know there is going to be some work involved as it is not just a simple swap, but it has been done. As to, "is this a hard swap..." well that depends on your skill set. Might not be hard but rather, time consuming changing things out.