View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #16
40cpe

Default Re: overdrive question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK PKNY View Post
I have tested the relay and governor they are correctly wired and the governor grounds out at 30 MPH as it should. Even with the fuse out and no power in the circuit the OD is in free wheels even in first gear. When I connect the relay to power the overdrive is in even in first gear when I reach third gear and the solenoid kicks in at 30MPH it takes the unit into non OD mode? It seems to me that the problem may be internal.
Your problem has to be in the wiring IMHO. If I understand you correctly, with fuse out it freewheels. (It should.) With fuse in it immediately goes into overdrive, even at a standstill. (Do you hear the relay and solenoid click?) With the fuse in, nothing should happen at standstill, it should have no power to activate the overdrive until 28 mph.

Do we have a terminology issue here? Freewheeling is NOT overdrive. If you reach 30 mph, the freewheeling stops when you let off the accelerator, you are IN overdrive. Sorry if I have misinterpreted what you said and how the car acts.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote