View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:44 PM   #39
Synchro909

Default Re: Navel gazing & the future of the car hobby

[QUOTE=SeaSlugs;1652816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post

Be interesting to go back in time around 1920 when cars were taking over by young people and the horse and buggy by the old. Probably claiming dont know how to put on a horseshoe or run a plow. There is an old article floating around from a 1800s book about a school principal complaining kids these days dont know how to write on slate without smearing it nor how to clean a slate tablet- thier all using paper - what will they do when paper runs out?
So yea the older generation will continue to complain about thw generations behind them. I feel im only a few years away from complaining about kids playin on my lawn myself haha. Every year at IOLA it amazes me to see young kids buying vintage tonka trucks and such and learning the art of haggiling from the old generations. This year i couldt help but watch listen to a kid maybe all of 7 haggiling over the price of a tonka fire engine with a easily 85 year old guy.
I recall reading at about the turn of the last century about the head of the US Patents Office being asked in 1899 (just before the turn of that century) what he thought might be invented in the next 100 years. He said he thought the office would be quiet because just about everything that could be invented had already been invented.