View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 02:21 AM   #23
KULTULZ

Red face Re: Brakes - Wives Tales & Misconceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNNN View Post

As far as the '67 MC, I don't think it would have worked, KULTULZ. I have a set of valve covers on the engine that I really like (Ansen) - first of all they seal nice (which I could never get my originals to do) and I also really like the way they look. The problem with them is they won't fit with the original size booster. Only a smaller booster will have the clearance. Believe me, I tried. They aren't the high ceiling valve covers, either, but the lowest that Ansen has for my application.
I didn't realize the engine had aftermarket rocker covers.

Quote:
The other common clearance problem with 4th gen T-Bird dual reservoir conversions is the under hood brace. The brace on the MC side is slightly different to clear the relatively short factory MC, but longer dual reservoir MC's typically still don't fit and it's common for T-Bird owners to go on a quest for something will fit...or it's common to cut a notch out of the driver side brace, which I definitely won't do. The other thing people do is buy modified braces. I don't know who makes them or if they're a cottage industry, but I know they have them for '66's, and maybe '64-5 too.

I'm going only off of memory, but I'm pretty sure the '67 MC won't fit without modding the brace. It's been covered at length on the VTCI forum, but please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't want to spread rumors or myths.
And I forgot about this (apron brace) on the BIRD. That is my fault.

Quote:
I had to look a fair bit to find something that would fit the setup I have. I read decent reviews on the ABS products, but I'm not trying to make the case that this kit is the premium or optimum set up out there. Like I said, I didn't feel at all comfortable trying to engineer something myself.

However, I definitely will call ABS and ask them about the PDV and pressure residual valve function that may or may not be in my kit.
OK, I understand now as to cause a DUAL RESERVOIR to fit without modifying the brace, a smaller booster was also used. Now it makes perfect sense to me.

What I do not agree with is their use of a SPIN FOR DOLLARS ANTI-BIAS VALVE. The things are dangerous for a street car .

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote