View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 10:40 PM   #69
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Won't get any kind of a storm OR argument from me ...The ones I pulled looked like they had machine marks on the bottom, like they were ground flat. Now these are hollow adjustables, both sets pulled from old stuck engines, and I call them Johnsons for lack of a better term. I goofed around most of the morning gathering more valve parts, testing and measuring. My wheel cylinder device seems to give very consistent results and I have finalized my valve assemblies with rotater keepers. I still need ten of the cup shaped piece for the rotators, but I imagine I'll find them as I have way too many cones. I think I will put my springs in a rock tumbler and then paint them before I set them aside. I'm supposed to get that cam by Tuesday. Will have a full report.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote