View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 11:17 PM   #7
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Model "A" Cars vs. Their Successors

Good topic.

Our '36 Ford is easier to get in and out of than the '30 Roadster. You don't bump your head and it's far far easier to get your feet and legs in and out. The doors shut tighter. It is smoother and faster, stock 59 AB Flathead and it purrs at 55MPH w/o ever struggling. Will go much faster.

But the Model A seems easier to start and run (don't have a pesky fuel pump) if the '36 sits more than three weeks or so you have to dribble a little gas into the carb to make it pop off, gravity flow Model A not the case. Model A's have a fantastic parts network in place for repair parts.

We love both Model A's and Ford Flatties for the same and at the same time different reasons. Both a lot of fun. I've never owned a Model T or driven one. But they are neat too.

We had a '67 Ford Galaxie for many years and I loved that car. Galaxies were built to wear like iron, they were great cars. That car never let us down.

I've driven nothing but Ford cars and trucks and actually have always had excellent service out of all of them. But then again, I'm a car guy and take good care of them and service them religiously. THAT goes a long long way. With any car you own. You have to take care of them. Reason I would never ever buy a rental car
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote