View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #91
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Another Original 2-Blade Fan Takes Its Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen in Hillman MI View Post
Ford had fan blade trouble well into the 60's. I was in fleet service for over 25 years and replace many ford 4 blade fans.
Glenn, With all due respect, I was never a fleet manager and I'm sure you saw more cars a month than I saw in a couple of years. However, that being said, I have been on the road since 1961 (49 years) and I have never heard of this problem with Ford or anyone else. My parents owned all Fords. My father in law owned a small moving company and it was mainly Whites and Internationals. His personal car was a 36 Ford that he used till 1955. My car history began with a 1949 Tudor that I bought for $20, since that "bomb" I had 1 '50- and 3 '51s Then a 54 with a 57 T-bird 312, a 59 Edsel, a 64 Galaxy a 47 merc, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
I spent quite a bit of time around cars in general and I have never heard that anyones's, fans were failing. Not GMs, or Chrysler, nor Ford, or Studebaker, or Packard, or Kaiser, or Nash - Rambler, Crosley, Willys nor International either on it's trucks or tractors, ditto for John Deere, ferguson, Case. This is something you just don't hear about. Since I got into Mod A s, I've heard about it a lot. What is the diference between a 235, 283 chevy, or a 239, 272, 292, 312, 260, and a mod A? Well those engines can rev a lot higher and I never had one let go, maybe some of the cars you were in charge of , the fans let go, but I never even heard of it. Beyond that? It would seem to be in the Mod A's favor, but it isn't. Someone suggested high speed photography to see just what is going on here. Maybe that's the next step. It will take some serious investigation to figure this out. Theories are just unproven opinions.
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote