View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #41
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Another Original 2-Blade Fan Takes Its Toll

I wish Marco would chime in here and give his opinion.

One thing that I can say with regard to "after all the points" is this, ...plans are at this moment that there will be 5 cars in fine-point judging at French Lick this summer that have been restored at my shop. In each case, ALL of their owners have made conscience decisions where they feel they are satisfied with losing points for the sake of financial prudence. I would imagine other folks have navigated through the same 'waters' with regard to this and made like decisions. Knowing what I know about it from their perspective, all of them have different goals for which direction they went and each of those decisions have a vast amount of merit.

To me, the issue that needs to be resolved first is "why" they break. I recently heard a story about a mechanic who instructed his apprentice to repair something on a car. After a few hours, the apprentice returned to the instructor and stated "It's all fixed now!" The instructor asked the young man did you determine what caused the item to break? The apprentice shook his head and said No. At that point, the instructor explain to the apprentice, then you really didn't fix the problem did you. THAT is kinda my attitude. Making a new fan that looks authentic is awesome but if there is still concern about the new one breaking too, then maybe they problem has not been determined & solved.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote