View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
JoeWay

Default Re: Another Original 2-Blade Fan Takes Its Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Well, I'm not sure any of us know exactly where the steel we use today comes from , ...but this person is a well known manufacturer of quality Model A parts that we all know.

Guessing "out-loud", I would expect the finished product to probably be about double that Joe, maybe even triple that. For me personally, I would probably buy 10-12 of them a year just because they would be an accurate reproduction that works correctly and looks authentic. I realize many probably won't see the value over the alum. 2 blade but on the flip side, it is truly amazing how many folks out there pay extra for Goodyear tires instead of the cheaper ones, --or pay extra for the Bill Stipe shocks or his new camshafts, or purchase the new electronic distributers and Aries mufflers and such that is of higher quality and more authentic looking.

One thing is for sure, I suspect that if there are new authentic-looking two-blade fans available, I doubt you will ever see the Stds. change.

Well...I have a Stipe cam and an Aries muffler, but I won't be in the market for a $250-$300 fan. I suspect the market will consist of future high-point restos, the current high-point restos that are still being shown, plus a very few other people who have to have the best. I really have no idea how many that is, but I bet you have a pretty good idea, Brent.

I agree that such a fan would cause the standards to remain status quo.

Joe
JoeWay is offline   Reply With Quote