View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #162
Popeye31

Default Re: What drove you towards the Model A hobby?

I was looking through the craigs list adds and there was an add that read scrap metal antique car parts free for the taking. Well I jumped in my truck and went to the house. The yard was open and I didn’t see anything in there so I knocked on the door and a lady came out and said, come this way. so she brought me to the side of the house and said right here look under the house you think you can use any of this . So I bent down and low and behold there under the house is a model a frame, model t frame, An A front and rearend, T front and rear end. And she said there is more under there but you will have to get the stuff I’m not going to get under there. I started to crawl under and she said wait I have one more thing in the back behind the garage. So we walked about 100 feet to the back and there on homemade saw horses was a 30 Tudor sedan body rusty but in good shape. She said if you think you can use it its yours but you have to take everything .I said yes mam I can definitely use the parts. I told her I would have to go get someone to help me load it but I will be back in 30 min. Please don’t let anyone take the parts I promise I will be right back. She said ok I’ll give you an hour. I sped out of there as fast as I could drove 15 miles back to my dad’s and told him to drop what he was doing and come help me. I made it back in 27 min and the rest is history. I now have 4 As and am loving the hobby and the old farts I mean the people I meet along the way.