View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #152
Droobie

Default Re: What drove you towards the Model A hobby?

I grew up Playing in and hiding in my grandpa's Tudor. While my brother played in the yard I played in the Model A. So about three years ago My whole family was all getting together for thanksgiving at grandpas house. I flew into town a couple days earlier than anyone else. With nothing to do I decided to go out and piddle around with it and try to get it started. A couple days later Grandpa and I had the Tudor barely running when my older brother and cousin showed up from the airport. They walked over and were looking at the car and saying stuff like " i cant believe it runs" and "Man this thing is in good condition".... Then my cousin said " I hope I get this thing, I would love to chop 6 inches out of the top" then my brother said " it would be hard to build a Z'd up chassis for it...... I looked at my grandpa and thought he was gonna have a heart attack! He didnt say a word about it. he just shook his head. So later that night Grandpa and were drinking a beer together and he looked at me and said " You got room for the A Model? And the rest is history. This Tudor is the second love of my life!!
Droobie is offline   Reply With Quote