View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
MikeK

Default Re: 1932-34 Model B Four Cylinder Group started!

OK, I went there, clicked subscribe, bookmarked the page. Hopefully the group moderator (Vince) will grant admission to a "brother under the pelt." Hey, I like that admissions idea. We all new of a few jerks on the old F-barn, now there's a way to cull the herd?

Anyway, I've got three B engines, all are unfinished works in progress, like just about everything I have. One is a freshly machined .100 over block that I got years ago from Flanegan in Arizona. Remember his "Miracle" engines? It's a miracle that a posse with a rope didn't get to him before he disappeared. Fortunately, the machining dimensions on mine check out, and it is a 'miracle' that he didn't take a shave off the pan rail plane like he did on so many A blocks. I'm waiting to see Rich Falluca's (Antique Engine Rebuilding, Skokie IL) new forged B rods, due this summer.

Engine #2 is a very clean complete diamond block non-counterweighted runner with a knock (babbitt?/ haven't looked yet). I whacked it into the wall last week pushing it on a furniture dolly and busted the original front pulley. Maybe that was a good thing? Still pissed.

#3 is probably a boat-anchor. I don't know, the deck is badly pitted and the pistons are all stuck. For $100 I couldn't say no. Parts donor, maybe.

One will get a Yapp/Riley I have sitting in the box, The other will get one of the two Brumfield "Super" heads (blueprinted, polished 117cc) I had Larry make for me several years ago.

I have a small collection of B engine parts; rods, cranks, pans, dizzy's. Probably all junk, we'll see.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote