View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 03:05 AM   #129
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: what other old cars are in your garage?

Look back at #40 and #125. Corvairs and Studebakers have always been my favorites, and Dick sure owned two of the cleanest, and best ones I've ever seen. Corvairs had the same full size bucket seats as used in the Impala, and they are a very comfortable car to ride in, but the rear seat is mostly for little kids.

When I was looking to buy my first antique car I looked at some beautiful Model A's for $200 to $800, but thought they were too common, and I wanted something more rare. So in 1974 I wound up buying a restored 1929 Chevy Coach for $2000. Drained my life savings for one car, but it was such a thrill to finally own an antique car. I know I have more projects than I can finish, and I wanted another Studebaker already done and ready to drive. I got lucky 3 years ago when I found this 1950 Champion just 5 miles away on Craigslist. My dad bought a new 1950 Champion, and that's the first car I can remember riding in.

What finally got me into buying a Model A was when I was at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds about 1990 and heard the most beautiful sound of a car chugging through the race track tunnel and up the incline. I turned around to see what was making such a beautiful sound, and found it was a Model A. That was it, I had to have one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Champion at Anoka Atate Hospital.jpg (72.7 KB, 39 views)
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote