View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #139
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Fellas... I've had enough...

Two things! I think you can get someone's life story for less than thirty bucks! And, like you, I prefer to be able to withhold some info about my self. And as a object lesson, Id like to tell a little tale about monkeying around with someone's privacy! Some years ago, I was delving into politics and we were faced with a tough opposition candidate. He was young, bright, good looking and successful. So someone (A retired cop) got the bright idea to buy a online search for him. He had a fairly unusual last name which made it easy. He found a person of the same name had done time in North Carolina for marijuana possession. He on his own, thinking he was doing the right thing, exposed this "fact" all over town. Needless to say, it got back to the candidate and our guy was soon facing a lawsuit. Coincidentally, some else with the exact same name had done this. The person in town was different. They were able to get the credit card number of our guy who ordered the search (on his own) and they hoisted him on his own petard as it were. It was a very ugly situation! I was not involved and could be an onlooker, estatic that I had no role in this Cluster _ _ _ _! But I have always remembered what someone tried to do and it backfired, big time! I have often thought how would I like being that innocent person being dumped on for something I didn't do, just because their name was the same as mine! I say, Leave privacy matters alone. They can come back to bite you.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Model A View Post
For the low price of just $29.95 we can tell you everything there is to know about anyone, birth records, financial records, IRS returns, criminal record, you name the person and place and you'll get anything you want for the low price of $29.95!!!!!

Sorry, but my privacy is worth more than $29.95. Certain people that I have grown to know here on the Ford Barn have my name and location and that's how I put it out..........................not for every Tom, Dick and Harry to know. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote