View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #110
Vin-tin

Default Re: Fellas... I've had enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If requiring members of this forum to be civil with each other or, at the very least, to ignore those they don't get along with is an act of censorship, well then... consider me a censor.

Point being, opinions are cool fellas. Opinions will always be welcomed. However, if you can't express an opinion without bagging another person in the process, then this forum will not cater to you.

This is really just a matter of simple manners. Our parents taught us this, right? So, it shouldn't be too hard to extend those principles to a forum about old Fords.

As a forum admin with limited hours in a day to tend to admin manners, the really hard part of all of this to me is this:

I have about ten members that are constantly complaining about one another. If I had the time, I'd go back and look at years of post history to see who started what... But I don't. Further, I don't really care too... It's not fun... and this is supposed to be fun for me too... But because I don't have this context, I have no side in any of these arguments and long standing hate fests. Instead, I tell each side to simply be nice to each other, ignore each other, and move on.

You what the typical response to this is? They ignore me... and continue bashing each other on a forum that I provide to them at no cost what so ever.

That's really the part I'm done with. I'm essentially wiping the slate clean at this point and giving these people one last chance. But, that's it...
Ryan, I just want to say thank you for standing your ground. I don't know who these people are, or what they're complaining about. I, like many on here just want to learn about how to work on these cars. I vote NOT to give these ten members another chance. Kick them out now and let the drama be done so we can get back to what we're here for.
Vin-tin is offline   Reply With Quote