View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #134
Synchro909

Default Re: 1932-34 Model B Four Cylinder Group started!

I have a diamond B engine in my '28 Tudor and another ordinary B engine sitting in a garage for attention sometime. The one that is going is fully inserted and pressurised, 5.5 A head and a Stromberg down draft carburettor from the 1950's-60's from a Holden grey motor (GM's local car). It sits on an A manifold to which I have braised a fitting on top to take the carb. The motor doesn't go as well as I think it should but I have a B inlet manifold coming for it. I'm hoping the larger bore will help. Alternatively, I have fabricated a new manifold that would feed a much bigger motor.
My favourite engine is an A, fully inserted, Burlington crank and the same carb but on a B manifold, electronic ignition and B grind on the cam shaft. It goes much better than the B engine. I'm about to have counterweights made for an A crankshaft and do another engine with even more punch. Each counterweight will have an extra piece on the rod side to get the most I can out of it.