View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #121
Ray in La Mesa

Default Re: What drove you towards the Model A hobby?

When I was 4-6 years old in 1950 the old Italian neighbor had a '28 A delivery he used to transport flowers and vegetables to the L.A. flower market in. Every morning about 3:30 he would start it up right outside my bedroom window and let it idle while he loaded it up. I guess it was a subcontious sugestion but it worked. A couple years later Dad bought a '28 Chevy roadster pickup to make dump runs and that reinforced the condition. I never had a chance to be cured so ,in high school, the folks gave me a '30 fordor. It was my first car and I was in heaven. Three months later I backed it into a pine tree in Big Bear Lake and destroyed the back end. I cried! Fixed it up while in college and sold it to buy the '30 cabriolet I am now restoring. The roadster p/u idea stuck because the same year I bought the cabriolet I pieced together a '28 A roadster p/u to drive temporarily while I restored the cabbie. It cost $147 in parts and is now part of the family too. Yes, it is the one with the faucet radiator cap.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote