View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 06:20 PM   #13
50fordcoupeman

Default Re: Nice country drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrie View Post
We had a great drive today, only about 150 miles, but all on dirt roads and in the hills , one BIG one that needed low gear for the last 1/4 mile,still no worries.
At the start of today’s drive we go past a set of old silos on a farm ,we have been going past these for the last 30 yrs and always thought to stop in and ha ve a look, this morning we did,
What a treat, the lady owner met us and told us about them,they were made before the turn of the century,one had a floor put in about 1/3rd the way up and a man lived in there, he was one of the so called orphans sent out from England before ww1 when he was 14 yrs old,he lived and worked on the farm until he borrowed a horse and road into town and enlisted in the Australian light horse in WW1,
He survived.
The lady has all the history of the farm and this Man and will copy it and pass it onto the friend who owns the mill I worked on, and I can collect it off him next time we are down,(I have another day or two work there mid next month,so the other 8ba ,c69a and Model A motor are getting closer for pickup)
I had set the timing up on the 33 before I left and it’s way better,specially the fuel usage,( great),it worked hard on the big hill but never overheated ,just got to 88C,
Wife Carol already has plans to get away again for a month this time when we get back,looks like the 33 will get plenty of use again this year,
Lawrie
I not only love seeing the car but also love seeing the countryside.Its funny how we drive by things but never seem to have time to stop to investigate or look. Time is what we have the most of too. Coming to your part of the world is on my bucket list!!
50fordcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote