View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #23
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Jack recall, chinese junk from Harbor Freight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
Snap On's claim that all basic hand tools like wrenches, socket sets, screw drivers, and tool storage cabinets with that name/trademark on them are made in the USA. Their Blue Point line does not make that claim and the prices reflect that. Electrical tools like cordless drills & impact drivers with their name are not made in the USA as well as other electronic analyzers and devices. China is only one of many countries that supply the company. A lot of there stuff comes from various European countries both eastern and western and some stuff even comes from South American countries.

Since they still have a lifetime warranty on USA made products, they want to make sure they make them well but the price damn sure reflects that.
I know others will disagree and that's fine, but if you want a US made wrench, ratchet or socket (including Allen's bits, etc), it's hard to beat Snap-On quality.

Some members have come on here are said that they've had trouble getting warranty returns from Snap-On, etc. That has not been my experience.

I am not a professional mechanic by any means, but I do enjoy the few Snap-On tools I do own. They have never let me down and continue to perform as new.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote