View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #13
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: More on J C Whitney

I didn't have any real problems with the parts that I got from J.C. I'm still running a pair of the front friction shocks on one of my cars plus a pair of their brake floaters. I had no problem with their woven brake lining and it was the exact same product that vendors sell today. I've got one of their ahooga horns on the coupe and it is one of the best motor driven horns that I've ever had . I got good service from their seven dollar tapered mufflers. I've still got two Tillotson model X. carburetors that I used for many years. Ive still got at least a couple of sets of their stainless steel hubcaps for 19 inch wheels one set is still in use on one of my cars. I still use a set of their brake rods and never had a problem with them . I've got one of their 30-31 upper water outlets on one of my cars . Ibought two pairs of their seat covers. one set is still in use on our coupe and still looks good to me . I bought a set of 19 inch Garfield tires in 75 and the tread still looks pretty good. This is just a few parts that comes to mind. I don't need to claim that any of the parts are original Ford parts. Some , I don't think that anyone would know the difference. I'm pretty sure that when they got out of the model A parts business that their stock of parts were sold off to other vendors. I would bet heavy that some of those parts are still in the system and being sold by some of the known model A vendors today. The worse thing about Whitney was slow shipping and a few cheesey parts like their chrome parts and some electrical parts and door handles. Most of the vendors today still sell foreign parts such as the Vintique stuff. A lot of people that never did business with J.C. have heard others bad mouth them and continue to claim that their parts were all bad. Its just not so ! as far as that goes, most vendors still sell some parts that are not the best but in some cases are the only such parts that are available . Just my thoughts and experience with Whitney and Warshawsky parts .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote