View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Crab thoughts ??????????

I get a lot of core flathead distributors in from time to time and during the process of sorting them out for rebuild run across some strange stuff.

I am going to post this picture from this morning and see how many of you can figure it out. Then i will run it on a distributor machine and check it out.

The story could go like this?? You need your mindset for the correct time period here.

Somewhere down south ( maybe Livingston Tennessee) in a Esso service bay a trio of future racers wer disecting the ignition of a 34 Ford coupe with a 44 Flathead . This was the stations dirt track racer and they wer tuning for the friday night races. Jim Bob Smith had made them a special camshaft of unknown grind and the engine would turn way more rpm than the ignition would allow. Bobby John Jones had stopped by to see if he could help the problem. After a couple evenings the car would run like a bat out of hell. They would all smile while unloading the car at the local Hillham Tennessee race track for sure.

Looking over the picture can you see what Bobby John did to the stock ignition????? Old Ron Ron might have been involved ????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2001.jpg (74.0 KB, 358 views)
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote