View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 04:57 PM   #7
19Fordy

Default Re: Changing just the rubber donuts/bolts to 47 trans mount

Short answer to your question is no. A half baked biscuit is not edible. The bolt assembly doesn't usually wear out, but the rubber does. If you remove transmission cover inside the car you will see those bolts. Should have a cotter pin in each nut. Remove cotter pin and tighten each nut to remove any slack that may be present due to worn biscuits. Perhaps that will solve your problem.

However, with just a little more work you can remove the biscuits and replace the whole assembly. Here's how. After unscrewing the nut take a punch and tap on the top of the threaded end of the bolt. It will fall through onto the floor. then jack up your transmission just enough to remove the old biscuits and install the new. install new lower biscuits, lower the transmission down making sure everything lines up for the bolt, insert the bolt from the bottom and reassemble. Reinstall floor pan. Done. That's what I did on my 40. I am pretty sure your's is the same. You can do it. in the photo, 60 years ago someone installed acorn nuts instead of castle nuts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0796b.jpg (74.3 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by 19Fordy; 07-31-2017 at 05:04 PM.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote