View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
Brian

Default Re: New Zealand 2017

Great choice on hunny moon venue!! I think NZ as a whole, has so much to offer tourists that, although we're only small in size, compared to the States, there is no way you can fit it all in in a two week timeframe. Obviously, taking in the V8 nationals in Napier is gonna keep you happy, your lovely bride is also gonna want to be entertained.
You'll not get a direct flight into Napier; you'll fly into Auckland. From there you can either drive or fly onto Napier. Be advised, we drive on the other side of the road from you guys!
I think you'll find that us Kiwis are a friendly lot.
You do not 'tip' for services rendered over here.
I am sure you'll get many suggestions from the Kiwis on here, all good, well intentioned. Without knowing your exact travel plans [which you're obviously in the process of formulating], anything is possible.
Personally, I think a road trip would be the way to go, you are more than welcome to stay at my place [2 1/2 hrs south from Napier - on your way to South Island], and you could probably find several more Kiwibarners who would put you up, show you their collections/ local sites. Some of them might even interest your wife, [just so it's not all car related]
I think you'll get a great response from the Kiwis on board here.
Enjoy.