View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #16
Kray_Z-1

Default Re: Spark plug shims

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
If you screw one into a head before it is on the engine, you can see that they produce an almost absolutely flush surface on the inside of the head. The ones I used were Champions, but I believe that most plug manufacturers make them. I never changed plugs in the 6 years I had the car. (It was a '36 3-window coupe, BTW.) Like B&S, I got the idea from the plugs that were used in a Johnson O/B motor I had at the time. You really should try a set. The cost will be minimal, and there is no electrode to break off and drop into the engine. The worst thing that could happen is that they wouldn't work very well, but I doubt it.

If you try some, let us know. I would be interested to see if I am not the only one who got away with this.
I'll keep ya updated, man these things re hard to find in stores! I know I can ebay them and find plenty, but I've had bad experience with that. Local stores don't have them and when they order them...they get one from KC, and 2 from Springfield and 1 from blah blah blah.... I got some on order thru NAPA, it'll be next weekend before I hear anything from them

But I do believe this is my best option.
Kray_Z-1 is offline   Reply With Quote