View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #17
1930-Pickup

Default Re: Fuel leaking when shut off valve is closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert shreveport View Post
1930 Pickup, if you have one to sale later on. Please contact me I’d like to buy one from you.
Good to know.

I will make a new thread to keep folks updated on the progress of this project. It's not really right that I keep dragging this thread out for so long...I feel like I stole it...yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. Sorry about that.

At this early stage I cannot make a commitment to sell any valves; I must have production versions fully evaluated and tested first. That includes thousands of cycle tests to assure reliability.

Just so you know where I'm coming from:
I've worked in the medical equipment and devices industry for decades. My main function (one of 153 "main" functions) was the in-depth testing and production release of new products. All of it to FDA requirements and ISO-13485 (very similar to ISO-9000) standards. I also have a formal education in Aviation Technology and I continue to hold a FAA aircraft mechanic licence (A&P). Its in my very DNA to evaluate and test products before the customer ever sees it, and I will never provide products that are not airworthy, Uhm, I mean 'vintage car' worthy

As most of you have seen though many previous posts, the fuel shut-off valve is darn close to what I would term as a 'critical safety component' for vintage vehicles that employ gravity-feed type fuel systems.

Potentially, significant damage or injury can result if fuel systems fail to meet their design requirements. I will NOT send out a valve if I am not 100% satisfied that I can count on it working right. It really mentally beats me up to see so many products out there today that are significant safety concerns.

I think most of you feel the same way.