Thread: Dome light
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #10
3thumbs

Default Re: Dome light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Turley View Post
If your dome lamp is an original one that came equipped on the Tudor, then it has a snap ring that retains the lens in the lamp fixture. The plated bezel is part of the lamp fixture which is attached to a wood support and the roof cross bows. The bezel and fixture stays put, not removed. If you look closely, you will see where the two ends of the snap ring "almost" meet. The snap ring is at the edge of the lens and snaps into the bezel. You will need to pry one end of the snap ring with a thin flat blade screwdriver or knife. When the snap ring turns loose from the fixture, be prepared to catch the lens from dropping and breaking. You might want an extra hand there to catch the lens. Once the lens is removed, you can replace the bulb. If the bulb is not the problem, then you will need to check the wiring.

I found the snap ring, and it looks just like you said. However, I cannot get anything under the ends of the snap ring. It is really tight, and doesn't want to come out at all. The dome light worked the last time I tried it, probably a year ago. The car has been converted to 12v so I think it is the bulb.
3thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote