Thread: Beware
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #35
M2M

Default Re: Beware

Well, I guess we should ignore this type of information (see below) if we come across it. We need to personally have a disaster with a supplier or service provider for it to matter; we cannot learn or base decisions or offer advice to others based on other people's experiences? (key extract from this link is below):

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages...tml?1292108836

By Philip Trow on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 06:42 am:
"I got an e-mail from lee at Brassworks the other day, all he wanted to know was how he could make a better product in the future but nothing about helping me witn my current problems

Phillip -
I understand we lost your business but I am still interested in making a better product.

I re-read through all your postings again and looked at the photos a second time.
I am unable to see anything but a water stain in the photo. Another photo posted on the forum by your friend shows water stains all over the radiator.

There is no joint or seam in the Ford logo - it is just embossed brass.
Is there water coming from the Ford Logo or is this a photo provided to show discoloration of the brass?

Please advise.

Lee

I told him it was comming from the stamped ford logo

then I got this one back

Well, as I said from the very beginning, I regret you had a problem.
We have not seen this before but brass is a metal and can shear at a stress point. It did in 1915 and it can in 2010.
The radiator was tested for leaks before it was polished and painted back in the spring of 2007 when we made it.

I will look into it further to see if there is a way to prevent it in the future.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Lee

so all they care about is not helping me but getting me to help them make it better in the future not really very good business in my point of view"

M2M is offline   Reply With Quote