View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #52
GB SISSON

Default Re: Wa State, Nice & Legal

I have dealt with same gal in Anacortes for 20 years. She told me today I really need a '45 car plate and the '46 truck plate would of course work and it would look cool on the truck but not 330 bucks cooler. Turns out the ebay seller had mailed the '45 car plate this morning so all is good. I don't think he was pushing for a sale, it really was a cool low number unrestored plate that I would love to have if I was in that league......Best part is I still got to license my '46 tonner but with a hideous 'collector vehicle' plate which will come in the mail in July so they gave me a paper temporary 'plate' and when I find a '45 car plate I can swap it over for a small fee. Sooo, I guess I won't ever have to hang the Washington collector plate which is light blue and white with a silouette of Mt Ranier and the digits aren't even stamped, just printed on. Ick. Yay Happy ending.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote