View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #19
tomcarman

Default Re: Wa State, Nice & Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
OK, so the nagging question here is who gave him the ticket on the Columbia? Since it forms the Washington/Oregon border, he must have been closer to one side than the other.... Of course this could have occured up river a bit. BTW, love those bare aluminum one year issue 47 Wa plates. I have 3 sets in use and a pair or two for backup.
Gary, from what I overheard him say he was on the mouth of a tributary, considered navigable waters by USCG at the Columbia. It was WA DFW. I heard him give his address as right down the road from GrandMound where the license office is. He was likely fishing for salmon and got caught. Maybe on the Cowlitz? IDK. He was trying to present his case to the license clerk who had to recite and quote about every WAC and RCW to try and help him transfer his boat title that he bought over a year ago in Montana. He lost AND wasted those of us in line time. Mind you I have had numerous dealings with that office and the people there are most helpful, but they won't bend the law. If he had taken care of his paperwork when he bought it he wouldn't have been in there in the 1st place. The other 2 people also had similar problems holding up the show for us all. To my mind all of them were trying to beat the system and in all 3 cases somehow it was the States fault. Whoey! I had my S**t together and was done in probably 3 minutes. Yes, the bare aluminum plates were unique to '47. My restored one was actually painted silver to simulate bare metal, but they accepted it.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote