Thread: Adding Guages
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #6
Tom Endy

Default Re: Adding Guages

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I agree with those that believe an oil pressure gauge is not necessary. The oil pump in a Model A is like an elevator, it elevates oil up to the valve chamber where it lubricates the valve stems, guides, and springs. The oil then runs down through ports in the block to lubricate the main bearings. The excess oil then pours over the front onto the timing gear to lubricate it. The rods are lubricated by the dipper trays. There is not much in the way of oil pressure to be seen on a gauge.

I am not in favor of the gauge mount that fits under the dash. It looks like a knee bumper to me, plus it is hard to see the gauges there. A better location is right under the dash rail. There are a number of bolts located there that a fabricated bracket can be attached to. It is also a better location to view a gauge.

A temperature gauge is absolutely necessary. Another gauge Henry forgot was a tachometer. He also did not provide a back up camera and a GPS. The GPS also provides a speedometer at eye level.

The attached two articles show how all this can be remedied.

Tom Endy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6-Look Behind You-rev-1.pdf (177.4 KB, 169 views)
File Type: pdf 4-Tachometer.pdf (220.5 KB, 164 views)
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote