View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #22
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Is it a bad time to sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingski View Post
I guess I could pull up the front seat to expose the Robertson screws and take a picture, but is that even important? I really don’t know if it is or not. After all the trouble I went through to get that car titled in Oregon, I guess I tried to forget all that.

About me living in the Northwest, I would think that with SKPE and all the other ways for a potential buyer to ask questions about the car and then be able to see immediately what they asked about on their phone or computer screen would be most satisfactory. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I’d do. Then, if I was truly interested in the car, I go see it or have someone who knows what to look for go see it for me.

I’m not selling a coupe, tudor, fordor, or roadster. I’m selling a car that is so much rarer than any of those cars are. They are all neat cars, but mine is one of the first convertibles ever made by Ford, and it is strange, weird, and unique, and it runs and drives great. For all I know, it might be one of the first ’29 cabriolets in Canada.

I’m only selling this car because I’ve discovered the hard way that I can no longer drive an old car like this for any long distance. I’ve gotten to the point where driving 100 miles in an antique car is too much for me. Arthritis sucks. It is about 150 miles round-trip to the beach and back, and I’ve made up my mind that I’m going to get something that at least looks like an A in which I can make that drive.

Mike
There were 670 1929 Model A Cabriolet's for which Ford of Canada assembled (if it is a Canadian car). 83 went to Export plus 10 from Ford Detroit; and 587 staied in Canada. If it is a true Canadian car...It is very interesting to know that Canada also stamped their gas tanks. Did not know that. So IF it is a July 1929 built car in Canada...then Walkerville only turned out 194 that month.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)